Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
I know I’ve given you recipes for chocolate chip cookies before…actually, there are a few chocolate chip cookie recipes on this site. But, really, can you ever have too many cookie recipes? I don’t think so. These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies are a delicious addition to our collection, and I believe they’re my first chocolate chip cookie recipe without coconut oil (helpful for those of you who can’t have coconut)! This recipe is a great option for an after school snack, that both kids and parents will feel good about. Food is definitely one of my love languages, and I really like to nurture my children with baked goods!
I started making cookies when I was about 10 years old. I’ve always LOVED chocolate chip cookies, but I have to admit that this vice probably contributed to developing Type 2 Diabetes. Now that I’m on a more restricted diet, it’s so much fun to play around with the ingredients that work for me and my family. I didn’t feel like making this recipe paleo, because paleo cookies tend to be a bit too dense. Instead, I used some nut flour and some gluten free flour. This is a good trick to make your baked goods lower carb, while maintaining a delicious texture.
When I make recipes for this blog I try really hard to make the food look good. If you look closely at my pictures of these cookies, they are far from perfectly round…most are weird looking ovals! This bugged me at first, but then it reminded me of an important fact: beauty does not depend on perfection. How often are you perfect? Never, right? Me, either! As I pondered the oblong, funky shapes of these cookies God reminded me that my value and beauty do not depend on how perfectly I perform, or how perfect the curves of my body are. Being made in His image means that we have beauty and value built into the fiber of our souls, and nothing we do will diminish it! Isn’t that a lovely thought? I know it’s kind of random, but I felt inspired to share with you. Even if you don’t share my world view, hopefully you do believe that your beauty and value do not depend on perfection!
Before I get to the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies, I’d like to invite you to join with others who are making healthy changes! Let me walk alongside you on your journey towards wholeness and health! Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” May you find freedom from food habits that are destructive to a full life!
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Unfiltered Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Raw Almond Butter (Crunchy is fine)
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2/3 cup Xylitol
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F, and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. 2 tbsp scoops, 350 degrees, parchment paper; let them rise, then come back down again.
- Stir together all of the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately, then combine them.
- Scoop out the cookie dough onto your parchment lined baking sheets in 2 tbsp chunks. Give them some space to spread out!
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. The cookies will get puffy, then flatten out. They taste the best if you remove them from the oven when they are starting to fall, but still a little puffy. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply