Plum and Nectarine Jello
I told you the other day that this recipe for Plum and Nectarine Jello was coming, so here it is! The jello is cool and refreshing, perfect for hot summer days. Topped with Paleo Crumble it’s a dessert to die for…well, not really, and I think it’s been well established that delicious desserts don’t actually have to lead you closer to death. This one’s quite good for you, and even though it looks fancy, the jello is very easy to make!
With protein from the gelatin and nuts, and fiber and antioxidants from the fruit, this jello is bursting with healthy nutrients. Combined with the healthy fats and protein from the crumble it actually makes a very complete breakfast! You can also eat it as a mid-afternoon snack, for an energy boost, or serve it for dessert. I’ve told you before that gelatin is particularly good for detoxing your liver. In this highly toxic world we live in, its a good idea to keep it as a weekly (or more) part of your diet!
Before we get to the recipe for the Plum and Nectarine Jello, I want to invite you to join with others who are making healthy changes. I’d love to walk alongside you in your journey towards wholeness and health! Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full!” Freedom from food addictions is part of having a truly full life.
- 1 Large Nectarine
- 2 Small Plums
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Water (room temp)
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1-2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Paleo Crumble (click link for easy recipe)
- Purée the fruit in your blender, until it is as smooth as possible. Set it aside.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the room temperature water. Pour in the boiling water and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including your fruit purée, and stir it until everything is well combined.
- Pour the jello into the bowls or cups you'd like to serve it in, then set it in the fridge to set up. It will naturally separate a bit, as you see in my pictures. If you don't like the separation replace the coconut cream with almond milk.
- Let the jellos set up in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Serve with Paleo Crumble and enjoy!!!!
Leave a Reply