Paleo Strawberry Basil Jello
Are you ready for cooler weather yet? We’ve got a while until the cooler days of Fall come here to Southern California (seriously, sometimes it doesn’t cool down until November), so here’s another cool and refreshing recipe to help you deal with these hot days. I promised this Paleo Strawberry Basil Jello a few weeks ago, and I’m finally getting to it. Strawberries are about to go out of season for a few months, but you still have a few more weeks to enjoy them!
I usually think of basil as a savory ingredient, but was surprised at how delicious it was with the sweet strawberry flavor! It adds an interesting kick, as well as some phytonutrients that help fight inflammation. Basil is definitely a superfood, and I think it makes dishes taste really refreshing and light. You’ll be surprised at how well it accents the sweeter flavors of this dish!
Before I get to the recipe for the Paleo Strawberry Basil Jello, I’d like to invite you to join with others who are making healthy changes! Let me walk alongside you on your journey towards wholeness and health! Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” May you find freedom from food habits that are destructive to a full life!
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Water (room temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Basil Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey (use xylitol to lower the carbs)
- Add the gelatin to your room temperature water and stir it to dissolve. Once it is dissolved, or at least mixed in well, stir in the boiling water.
- Purée the rest of the ingredients in your blender, until they are as smooth or chunky as you'd like. Stir them into your water and gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate the jello, until it is well set up. Enjoy cold and garnish with frozen strawberries and basil leaves.
Leave a Reply