If you are looking for a filling, healthy, cozy winter dinner, this Paleo Creamy Potato Soup will hit the spot! It is gluten and dairy free, and has lots of veggies. This soup is a really yummy way to hide all sorts of veggies your kids wouldn’t normally eat! You can blend them in with your immersion blender, or leave them whole. With the chicken, veggies, and coconut oil, this dinner is full of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. It’s a complete meal in and of itself. I was kind of surprised when even my most picky eaters ate a whole bowl of this soup!
Before we get to the recipe for Paleo Creamy Potato Soup, I want to invite you to join with others who are making healthy changes. I’d love to walk alongside you in your journey towards wholeness and health!
- 1 Onion Chopped Roughly
- 4 Medium Sized Waxy Potatoes, Chopped (red or white, but not russet)
- 1 Bag Pre-washed and Chopped Cauliflower
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped Roughly
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 8 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken Pieces (no skin)
- 2 Cups Veggies of Choice (I used shredded carrots and chopped squash)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tsp Organic Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream (optional)
- Parsley to Garnish (optional)
Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a 6 quart dutch oven. Add the potatoes, sprinkle them with a little sea salt, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring periodically. Add in the cauliflower and onions, and cook until they’re soft. Pour in 4 cups of broth, and bring it to a light boil.
Place the soup mixture back onto low/medium heat and add the remaining ingredients. If you want the veggies to remain crisp, you can add them in at the last second before serving. Serve warm and enjoy!