Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
There’s nothing like a cup of warm soup on a cozy fall day! I made this Simple Butternut Squash Soup in my Nutribullet (I got the one with the hot setting), but you can easily make it on the stovetop, too. It’s really easy, healthy, and delicious!
Emily has been sick a lot since school started, so I made this soup as a comfort food that would also help her heal. She loves soup! As indicated by the bright orange color, butternut squash is loaded with Vitamin A. It’s also high in potassium and fiber. Vegetable broth helps to alkalize your system, which kills off nasty germs. Last week when Emi’s tummy felt queasy she didn’t want to eat most of the dinners I made, but the soup did the trick. She ate it with an egg for protein.
Before we get to the recipe for the Vegan Butternut Squash Soup, I want to invite you to join with others who are making healthy changes. I’d love to walk alongside you in your journey towards wholeness and health! Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full!” Freedom from food addictions is part of having a truly full life.
- 1 Cup Butternut Squash (cubed)
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- 2 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Salt Free Seasoning
- Sauté the butternut squash in a large pot (if you're using your Nutribullet to heat this soup up, use a small pot). Sprinkle it with sea salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including more sea salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to make it creamy. You can also transfer the whole thing to your large blender, or use your Nutribullet, as mentioned above. I love the hot setting on mine! Enjoy the soup warm.
Leave a Reply